The Client’s personal data and information such as contact details, background information, financial data and other information (“Client Data”) which the Client had previously provided to AGIC when the Client applies for an account or any other products or services with AGIC or where AGIC obtains such Client Data from third parties or other organisations, when the Client uses AGIC’s online services or accesses any of AGIC’s websites. AGIC may also have obtained the Client Data by analysing the way the Client uses and manages the Client’s account(s), from the payment and transactions made or from any recording.
Use and Disclosure of Information
AGIC may use, process and/or disclose the Client Data for the following purposes (“Purpose”):-
• the processing of your application and verifying your eligibility for insurance and financial products and services;
• processing of any credit, medical, security and underwriting checks and insurance claims;
• designing insurance, financial services or related products for your use;
• processing payment instructions;
• responding to your queries;
• disclosure to the AGIC for the purpose of, including but not limited to, provide their respective services and products to
the Client, whether upon Client’s request or otherwise.
• for marketing and promotions of AGIC’s products and services;
• disclosure in connection with corporate restructuring or re-organisation including, but not limited to, mergers,
acquisitions, transfer of assets/ business, assignment of rights/liabilities, consolidations, amalgamation, joint
ventures, formation of partnerships, voluntary liquidation and takeovers;
• credit reference and other organisations who may use and give out information to other lenders and insurers;
• disclosure to external service providers who provide support or professional services to AGIC including, but not limited
to, vendors, suppliers, counterparties, agents, legal services, data back-up services, website or email hosting services
and data security consultancy services;
• to compare information/data for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
• conducting research and improve AGIC’s products and services, operational and business processes;
• for prevention and detection of crime including, but not limited to, money laundering, terrorism and fraud prevention,
detection and prosecution;
• transfer to foreign jurisdictions to enable any cross border transactions, for the performance of a contract, any legal
proceedings, request from a foreign regulatory or government authority, protection of vital interest of the Client or
where it is in the public interest to do so;
• any other purpose that may be deemed necessary or expedient by AGIC in accordance with applicable laws and regulations;
• protecting the interests, rights, its officers, employees, and other ancillary or related purposes of AGIC.
The Client may have provided personal and financial information relating to others (ie: joint applicant, related parties and/or emergency contact persons) for the Purpose. In such cases, the Client warrants that the Client had or has their consent or is otherwise entitled to provide their information to AGIC.
Access to Information
The Client is entitled to review and request correction of the Client Data. Should the Client wishes to exercise this right please write to AGIC’s Data Officer setting out the details of the Client’s request and all the Client’s Account numbers (if applicable), name and NRIC/Passport number. A fee may be charged for this service.
Options On Disclosure
AGIC allows the Client the opportunity to remove itself and any information about the Client (save for information which is necessarily retained by AGIC to comply with legal or regulatory requirements) from AGIC’s database or require AGIC to cease processing all or part of the Client Data by submitting a written notification addressed to AGIC’s Data Officer. However, in such an event, AGIC reserves the right to close the Client’s Account(s) if AGIC feels that such removal or cessation would not allow AGIC to provide its products and services in a satisfactory manner.
Enquiries and Complaints
Any queries, requests, concerns or complaints regarding the use of the Client Data may be raised to the following contact:-
Attention to: The Compliance Manager
Archipelago Group of Insurance Companies
B-08-06 Gateway Corporate Suites,
No. 1 Jalan Desa Kiara, Mont Kiara,
50480 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
+6 (03) 6201 0488
E-mail [email protected]
When you access this page, anonymous technical information may be collected about your activities on the page (e.g. your IP address, your browser and the pages visited etc.)
This website may contain links to third party websites. AGIC has no control over the content of such third party websites or the way that the operators of these websites deal with your personal data.